Programs & Services
Services include parking assistance (tickets), purchase of prescription drugs, and transportation (taxi) services. Visiting hospital emergency for acute care can be stressful, this foundation is set up to provide some level of comfort, convenience, and financial assistance to make families experience less stressful when they come to the hospital emergency to receive acute care.
Update November, 2015
– official launch of prescription companion program with JC Pharmacy. Chief and Friends has partnered with JC Pharmacy to provide funds to help with the costs of prescriptions.
– official launch of Yellow Cab taxi service providing up to $20 towards taxi fare from Victoria General Hospital emergency to back home
We raise funds:
- To relieve poverty by purchasing prescription drugs for individuals and families who are poor, of low income, or in need.
- To relieve poverty by purchasing transportation for individuals and families who are poor, of low income, or in need who are returning home from the hospital after receiving acute care
- To relieve poverty by purchasing hospital parking tickets for individuals and families who are poor, of low income, or in need.
Long term services the foundation is considering include:
- On the spot convenience and comfort services through the Chief Emergency Response Team.
- Helping visitors with any extra luggage from the parking lot to the emergency room
- Establish a local Chief Emergency Response Team throughout BC’s major hospitals and implement the objectives of Chief and Friends Foundation.
- Operate a station/kiosk at the emergency staffed with volunteers
- Mobilize public support for the appropriate care for a family member visiting the emergency unit of the hospital
- Serve as support system for families who have terminally ill child or an elderly that require regular visits to the emergency for acute care.